(Clickhere to Download)
The formative years 1994 – 1995
- Dr. Pawan Goenka appointed as Advisor for India.
- Sections Board of SAE identified India as a priority country.
- Presidential visit – John Leinonen.
- SAE President holds discussion with Indian Automotive industry.
- Western India Section established.
The period of emergence 1996 – 1997
- MOU signed with IAE, Chennai.
- Presidential visit – Mr. Claude Verbal.
- Consultants appointed to promote membership (Dr. T.R.Jagadeesan & Mr. Agarwal).
- Southern India Section established.
- Northern India section established.
- SAEINDIA section leaders attended Sections Officers Leadership Seminar.
- Presidential visit – Prof. Dave Holloway.
The period of stabilization 1998 – 1999
- Presidential visit – Ron Leonard.
- Sections officers trained during ’98 and ’99 SOLS at Pittsburgh.
- SIAT 1999 sponsored by SAEINDIA.
- Eastern India Section established.
- Opening of SAE Office in India.
The period of consolidation 1999-2001
- Presidential visit – Mr. Don Ableson.
- SAEINDIA task force established.
- Strategic plans by each operating board developed.
- SAE-ACMA information center established.
- 2001 Presidential visit Dr. Rodica A. Baranescu.
SAEINDIA – 2002 & 2003
Under the presidentship of Dr.K.Kumar
- Birth of SAEINDIA Management Committee 2002& 2003 under the presidency of Dr.K.Kumar
- 6 Operating Boards created 2002.
- 2002 SAE Presidential visit Dr. S. M. Shahed.
- 2003 SAEINDIA became an Affiliate of SAE International.
- Website launched.
- Formation of Collegiate Clubs.
SAEINDIA – 2004 & 2005
Under the presidentship of Dr.R. Mahadevan
- SAE Presidential visit : Jack E. Thompson.
- SAEINDIA signed MOU with SIAM and ACMA during the AutoExpo2004.
- SAEINDIA Third International Conference was held in New Delhi.
- Section Officers Leadership Skill seminar.
- Program was organized in India for the first time -30th, 31st October and 1st November 2004.
- Operating Boards increased to ‘8’ in 2004.
- Bangalore section created.
- SAE Presidential visit : Mr.Duane Tiede.
SAEINDIA – 2006 Jan to Jan 2008
Under the presidentship of Dr.Pawan Goenka
- 2007 Baja SAEINDIA was conducted.
- +1 scheme was introduced to student members.
- Member enrollment incentives introduced.
- AWIM made All India level.
- Naming new sections on name of city was passed.
- Standards Board replaced by P.D.P.board.
- Purchase of new place for SAEINDIA initiated.
- SAEINDIA Vision 2020 was spelt out.
- SAEINDIA International Mobility Conference was held in 2008 Jan.
- Website improved.
- Profit sharing of sections with SAEINDIA finalised.
SAEINDIA 2008 & 2009
Under the presidentship of Mr.M.S.Kumar
- Visits by 3 SAE International Presidents. (Dr. Richard Schuam(2007), Dr. Thomas W. Ryan III(2008), Dr. James E. Smith(2009)).
- 3 Student Conventions – Coimbatore, Chennai & Coimbatore.
- Purchase of SAEINDIA Office at Chennai.
- 2 AWIM Olympics – Chennai & Pune.
- Formula SAEINDIA Launched.
- 6th SAEINDIA International Mobility Congress & Exposition.
- AEROSPACE BOARD Inaugurated.
- SAEINDIA NEWSLETTER Launched as EMagazine.
SAEINDIA 2010 – 2012
Under the presidentship of Mr. R. Dayal
- Off Highway Board launched in Pune April 2010.
- Edu meet in Coimbatore Aug 2010.
- Visit by SAE International President Dr.Andy Brown in Chennai C Dec 2010.
- Student Conventions C Chennai (Sept.2010) &Thiruchengode. Sept 2011.
- 2 AWIM Olympics C Nashik and New Delhi 2010,2011.
- 3 Baja SAEINDIA in Pithampur 2010, 2011 & 2012.
- Forming of Coimbatore Division Jan. 2011.
- Visit by SAE International President Rich.Kline in Pune C March 2011.
- Indian Team of Children from Nashik was selected for participation in SAE International Competition of AWIM and won the second prize. April 2011.
- Ground Vehicle Stamdard workshops at Chennai & Pune in June 2011.
- 14 day FINE programme in Pune in June 2011.
- SUPRA SAEINDIA in MMRT track, Irunkattukkottai July 2011.
- MoU with PMI.
- Forming of Indtore Division Sept 2011.
- Lurizol International seminar in Chennai, Oct 2011.
- FISITA International Conference in Chennai Oct 2011.
- APAC 16 at Chennai Oct 2011.
- AWIM classes for higher challenges C Nov 2011.
- Automobilr Board formed Jan 2012.
- 7th SAEINDIA International Mobility Conference & Exposition at New Delhi Jan 2012.
- Payment on line in website introduced in Jan 2012.
SAEINDIA 2012 – 2014
Under the presidentship of Mr.Shrikant Marathe
- MoU signed with SAE International for focusing on joint activities and collaboration in
- Joint Professional Development Programs in India.
- Publication of Co-branded SAE Technical Magazine in India.
- Collaboration on Joint Technical Conferences in India.
- PD Programs with SAE International
- Automotive Heat Transfer by Dr. Raj Ranganathan in Chennai, Pune April 2013.
- Sound Package Material for Vehicle Noise Control by Dr. Pranab Saha in Chennai, Pune June 2013.
- SAEINDIA New look Website was revamped on 15th July 2013.
- SAEINDIA Off-Highway Activities
- SAEINDIA Off-highway Board conducted the EDU meet on 4th January 2013, based on the theme “Aspiring Women Engineers for Off-highway Industry”.
- Student INdustry Education (SINE 2013), a 15 days Industrial Education Tour was also conducted during 2nd – 15th June 2013 in Pune.
- SIMCOMVEC – SAEINDIA International Mobility Conference & Commercial Vehicle Engineering Congress on 4th to 7th December 2013 in Chennai.
- SAEINDIA Aerospace Activities
- The SAEINDIA Aerospace Board in collaboration with IFCCI organized a panel discussion on “New Vistas of Indian Aerospace & Defence Industry” – A Strategic Outlook for Aerospace & Defence in Global Context – Issues & Solutions.
- SAEINDIA Aerospace Board joined Quest Global in CAE Colloquium. Most of the Aerospace Members attended and benefitted out of these Programs conducted in March 2013 and 2014.
- SAEINDIA Aerospace Board conducted a program on Intellectual Property Rights & Transfer of Technology (IPR & TOT). The program was highly interactive and beneficial to the attendees.
- SAEINDIA Student Activities
- Career Start Program was held on 8th and 9th Feb at Amrita University. The qualifying exam SEAT’13 was conducted as an online test on Nov 2013.
- SAE International hosted the sixth annual A World In Motion® (AWIM) –St. Columba’s School Team from India won the 1st prize in Time.
- AWIM National Olympics 2012, organized and conducted by SAEINDIA Indore Division was held at The Daly College Indore on 21st & 22nd Dec, 2012.
- BAJA SAEINDIA Seventh Edition was conducted in Pithampur, Indore from 15th to 17th February 2013.